WELCOME TO CHESSENTIALS - CROATIA'S FIRST CHESS BLOG!
WE WRITE ABOUT CHESS! SOME PEOPLE LIKE IT! SOME TELL US WE ARE PATZERS!
READ ON AND DECIDE FOR YOURSELVES!
The material on this blog could easily fill several books, so orienting yourself can be frightening.
In order to make this task easier, we have created a sort of 'greatest hits' list, list of our best articles by years.
Looking for a chess coach? We offer tip-based coaching - you decide how much the lesson is worth.
Check it out!
Inspired by Jon Speelman's Agony Column, in the What Was I Thinking category we urge the readers to send us their worst games and most heartbreaking losses, so we can all lau.. I mean learn from them.
Send us your games and we will analyze them and publish the analysis.
- Chess tactics 85 The example is taken from book written by Yasser Seirawan- Winning Chess Combinations Click here for complete list of chess tactics...read more
- Chess study 30 Alexey Troitzky study Alexey Troitzky (1866-1942) is considered as one of the greatest composer of chess endgame studies ever. In his lifetime, Troitzky composed over one thousand chess endgame studies. The example is taken from his book "Collection of Chess Studies" To solve this study try thinking out...read more
- PARTICIPANTS AND REGULATIONS The 49th edition of the Croatian Individual Chess Championship was held between April the 17th and April the 27th, 2018, in Grgin Dol hotel in Požega in Croatia. Croatian Individual Championship is a traditional single round-robin tournament. The time control is 90 minutes + 30 seconds for...read more
- (Cover photo credit: Douglas Griffin Twitter) After the nail-biting defeat at Karpov's hands in the controversial 1978 World Championship match in Baguio City, Viktor Korchnoi was seeded directly in the quarter-final phase of the Candidates Matches of the 1979-1981 World Chess Championship Cycle. He was joined by Boris Spassky (the...read more
- Chess tactics 84 The example is taken from book written by I. A. Horowitz- Winning Chess Tactics Illustrated Click here for complete list of chess tactics...read more
Subscribe to our mailing list