WELCOME TO CHESSENTIALS - CROATIA'S FIRST CHESS BLOG!
WE WRITE ABOUT CHESS! SOME PEOPLE LIKE IT! SOME TELL US WE ARE PATZERS!
READ ON AND DECIDE FOR YOURSELVES!
The material on this blog could easily fill several books, so orienting yourself can be frightening.
In order to make this task easier, we have created a sort of 'greatest hits' list, list of our best articles by years.
Looking for a chess coach? We offer tip-based coaching - you decide how much the lesson is worth.
Check it out!
Inspired by Jon Speelman's Agony Column, in the What Was I Thinking category we urge the readers to send us their worst games and most heartbreaking losses, so we can all lau.. I mean learn from them.
Send us your games and we will analyze them and publish the analysis.
- The variations are taken from Kasparov's book - Garry Kasparov on Garry Kasparov, Part One, 1973-1985. Position 1 Position 2 Position 3...read more
- After the abrupt finish of the previous World Championship Match in February, 1985, a new match between Kasparov and Karpov was to begin in September 1985. The initial score was set to 0-0 and the number of games was limited to 24. Just like during the Botvinnik era, the champion...read more
- Chess tactics 91 The example is taken from book written by Martin Weteschnik- Chess Tactics from Scratch: Understanding Chess Tactics 2nd ed Click here for complete list of chess tactics...read more
- Chess tactics 90 The example is taken from book written by Yakov Neishtadt Improve Your Chess Tactics: 700 Practical Lessons & Exercises Click here for complete list of chess tactics...read more
- Chess tactics 89 Click here for complete list of chess tactics...read more
Subscribe to our mailing list